Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 21st May 2018: Nikon today announces that the Nikon D850 digital SLR camera has received the Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2018 “Readers Award” and “Editors Award.”
The D850 was announced the winner of the “Readers Award” after it was selected by consumers via an online vote (voting period: 23rd March to 12th April 2018). Additionally, the D850 was selected by the Camera Journal Press Club members as a winner of the “Editors Award,” based on its popularity, topicality, and innovation.
Sponsored by the Camera Journal Press Club (CJPC/Japan), the Camera GP 2018 awards were presented to selected products, primarily cameras and lenses, released between 1st April 2017 and 31st March 2018.
The D850 has won numerous imaging and design-related awards across the globe since its release in September 2017. Among them are the Best DSLR Professional award at the TIPA World Awards 2018, and an iF Product Design Award 2018.
D850 Primary Features
• Equipped with backside-illumination Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor, delivering superb 45-megapixel images at ISO 64-25600 (expandable to ISO 32-102400 equivalent)
• High-speed continuous shooting at approximately 7 fps*¹ (the rate increases to approximately 9 fps*¹,*² when the MB-D18 Multi-Power Battery Pack is used)
• Silent photography eliminates the sound of shutter release and mechanical vibrations with capture of 45-MP images
• Supports recording of full-frame, FX-based movie format 4K UHD (3840×2160) movies
• Interval-timer shooting supports the creation of 8K time-lapse videos*³
Comments from the Committee: Reasons behind the D850’s selection